Our major environmental impacts arise from the travel we undertake for business purposes, and our office.
Our environmentally friendly office at Suite 212, 838 Collins St, Docklands is in a building that has been awarded five stars under the Green Building Council of Australia’s Green Star rating system. It features solar energy for both individual and communal spaces, water harvesting and energy efficient and sustainable design.
As an environmentally responsible organisation, we aim to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- Foster the ownership of environmental responsibility by all staff.
- Minimise greenhouse gas emissions generated by travel undertaken by staff.
- Minimise waste through recycling and careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Implement pollution prevention practices to minimise our environmental footprint.
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible.
We do this by:
- Promoting alternative means of transport to staff such as walking, cycling and public transport. Bike racks are and showers are available at 838 Collins Street for staff use.
- Using our own solar panels for most of our energy requirements.
- Ensuring office equipment and services are turned off when not in use.
- Implementing an office recycling system for paper, glass and aluminium and plastic.
- Using double-sided default printing.
- Installing indoor plants to improve internal air quality.
- Using environmentally-friendly office furnishings that have low-embodied energy and low VOCs.
- Preferentially purchasing environmentally-friendly office equipment and stationery subject to performance and quality.
- Using an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by air travel undertaken by staff and contractors, and encouraging clients to offset air travel purchased for ACCSR.
This environmental policy applies to all ACCSR employees and contractors engaged in activities under ACCSR’s control and will be communicated prior to engagement. The policy will be made available publicly and reviewed on an annual basis.
Dr Leeora D. Black
29 April 2015