The popular Unlocking Shared Value course returns to Melbourne in 2017. This two-day immersive short course from ACCSR and Incite (South Africa) speaks to an economic and cultural shift that is currently taking place. Shared value is not just another name for sustainability-as-usual.
Shared value is a business strategy that delivers an improved profit formula or new market opportunity by addressing societal challenges. For a project to be a true Shared Value initiative it needs to satisfy four criteria. It must be innovative. It must address a societal problem. It must do so at scale, and it must do so as a business proposition.
Shared value strategies require us to rethink productivity across the value chain, reconceive products and markets, and create enabling environments by partnering on cluster developments.
In this two-day workshop, you will use theory and more than 20 practical cases from across the world to:
- deepen your understanding of shared value, sustainability and the shifting competitive landscape
- learn and apply strategy tools that will help you position your company’s response
- identify shared value innovations for your business using Incite’s Shared Value Innovator™
- learn and apply the VILROS™ materiality analysis
- explore and troubleshoot the five steps needed to build an effective shared value culture across your organisation.
You will leave this course with new tools and perspectives that will enable you to engage this emerging landscape more effectively.
The course will be facilitated by Jonathan Hanks of Incite (www.incite.co.za). Incite has worked with companies throughout Africa, the Middle East and South East Asia, helping these companies grow their business and brand by creating shared value.
This course is jointly convened by The Shared Value Project and hosted by IAG. To learn more about Shared Value, click here