This brand new course on Sustainable Procurement will help you improve the sustainability and responsibility of your supply chain.
Supply chains are often complex, have limited visibility and contain numerous social and environmental risks that can lead to reputational and financial damage for your organisation.
Public and stakeholder expectations of responsible sourcing are growing! The new ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement standard, the Federal inquiry into establishing a Modern Slavery Act and the 2015 Federal Government Indigenous Procurement Policy all indicate that now more than ever.
Consumers and stakeholders alike are increasingly looking for products and services that are greener, safer, and more conscionable.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop a sustainable procurement policy and plan, and improve supply chain visibility.
Get up to speed on the new ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement Standard and be able to navigate the broader landscape of sustainability certifications.
Suitable for sustainability, procurement, and business professionals, the course will cover supply chain risks and offer extensive case studies to illustrate examples of pro-active supply chain management.
This course is supported by GECA and facilitated by Jonathan Dutton, Former CEO of the peak body for procurement in the Australasian region, the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Australasia (CISPA).
What you will learn:
- How to navigate the professional procurement landscape and work effectively with procurement managers
- The business case for embedding sustainability in supply side management
- Responsible supply chain case studies
- Applying circular economy principles to sustainable procurement
- How to apply the new ISO Sustainable Procurement Standards
- What the proposed Modern Slavery Act will mean for your organisation
- Practical steps for your organisation
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the procurement profession scope and key drivers
- Understand the components of modern supply chain management
- Grasp the complexity of proactive supply chain tier management
- Appreciate the supply side risks inherent in many supply chains
- Understand the key components of the new ISO Sustainable Procurement standard
- Know how to get started on sustainable supply side initiatives
This workshop is ideal for:
- Sustainability and CSR professionals
- PR managers
- Procurement and supply chain practitioners
- Distribution managers
- Business analysts