Delivering value for all stakeholders depends on trust, collaboration and most of all, high-quality relationships. Discover how to develop an effective stakeholder engagement strategy that drives organisational performance.
In this one-day master class you will unpack and simplify complex stakeholder engagement theories and tools. You will learn how to develop a stakeholder engagement strategy that helps you avoid risks and crises, develop solutions to shared problems, build your reputation and secure your social licence to operate.
Ideal for organisations operating in challenging and complex stakeholder environments, this workshop is available as either a public access short course or an in-house workshop. It is suitable for groups or individuals, including senior managers whose work requires effective management of external stakeholders, sustainability and community relations teams.
What you will learn:
- the stakeholder principle and how it is defined in popular CSR frameworks such as GRI, AA1000 and ISO26000
- how stakeholder relationships build trust, create social capital and improve social performance
- best practices in stakeholder engagement with reference to real world case studies
- the organisational aspects of implementing a successful CSR strategy
The skills you will develop:
- identify stakeholders and analyse issues
- map links between issues and stakeholders and use these maps to generate strategies for effective engagement.
- classify and prioritise stakeholders
- develop an effective approach to planning stakeholder engagement
Past participants say:
“A very practical way to consider stakeholders, their motivations and identify who you need to build relationships with.”
“Thank you for facilitating a great workshop on stakeholder engagement. Our team found it engaging, very relevant and really gave us new skills/tools to work with. We found it very motivating and worthwhile.”
Annalisa Grubisa, Senior Corporate Affairs Adviser – Community Relations, Woodside Energy Ltd